About The Hague Humanity Hub
The Hague Humanity Hub is an international platform and meeting place where NGOs, knowledge institutes and entrepreneurs work together to promote innovation in the field of peace, justice and humanitarian action. The Hague Humanity Hub provides attractive offices and co-working spaces, meeting rooms, workshops and events for her members. The Hub has its own, 60-seat café, where a catered lunch is served. The Hub caters itself for it’s 6 meeting rooms and hosts 1-3 receptions a week, up to a maximum of 40 persons. Receptions up to 150 persons are catered by and external organisation.
The future café hosts are friendly persons who make the difference. That’s why they’re looking for a sparkling, enthusiastic, pro-active persons who feel connected with Humanity Hub’s mission and are willing to go the extra mile for their guests. Do you love to work in a dynamic environment at a high service level and are you a hands-on kind of person? You just might have found your dream job as their café host!
They are looking for 2 part-time trainees, to work independently and together with the Hub staff.
- Responsible for opening the café in the morning and closing it at the end of the day
- Welcome members and meeting room guests with authentic enthusiasm
- Preparing coffee/tea/drinks for guests at the café and for meetings
- Prepare, refill and clean up the catered lunch buffet
- Take care of electronic payments
- Collect dishes and operate the dishwasher
- Keeping the café, the bar, dishwasher area and it’s machinery tidy
- Take care of refilling and cleaning the coffee machines in 3 pantry’s
- Keep up stocks
- Support your colleagues if help is needed, for example in catering for events or meetings
- Help with your ideas on how the Hub can keep improving their services
- You have work experience in hospitality, serviced offices and/or NGO’s, preferably with a link to the humanitarian field
- You have an excellent standard of spoken and written English
- You enjoy providing the best possible service to people and this comes naturally, with a smile
- You have a sociable personality and you take good care of your appearance
- You are customer focused, hospitable and a constructive team player
- You are flexible and available to work evenings during occasional events
She Matters Lotus Flower Programme
This position is part of our Lotus Flower Programme, which includes assistance with child care, weekly workshops on additional job skills, mentorships and psychosocial support.
For questions about the traineeships or Lotus Flower Programme, please contact Christina Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 – 19173293. If you think you’re who we’re looking for, please email your resume and a short introduction of who you are and why you’re the person for this job. We’re excited to hear from you!