We use a number of definitions in our Privacy Regulations that can be used in the singular or plural:
Cookie: a small file that is placed via an internet site on (the IP address of) your computer which records information about your visit to the She Matters website;
Regulations: this Privacy Statement;
Privacy legislation: Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp: Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens)(from 25 May 2018: the Act Implementing the General Data Protection Regulation).
- Explanation of the Regulations
She Matters may not automatically process the data with which you provide it. Privacy legislation is intended to protect the privacy of persons. This legislation restricts the permitted use of your personal data by others. Under this Act, She Matters has the duty to its clients to:
- inform them of the way in which and the purpose for which data are processed by She Matters;
- state who is allowed to inspect the data;
- request permission to process certain data.
She Matters considers your privacy important. That is why She Matters explains in these Regulations how it deals with your data, what the purpose is of its use, and for the processing of which data She Matters must explicitly request your permission.
- The personal data She Matters uses and the purpose of such use
She Matters (may possibly) process your data if you are or will become a client of She Matters, if you visit the website, you are an employee of She Matters, you register for newsletters from She Matters or get in touch with us via the contact form. She Matters collects your name, address, telephone number and email address, and in some cases your IP address. These data enable us to:
- finalise the contract clients conclude with She Matters financially and administratively;
- comply with our obligations as an employer;
- provide our services;
- reach clients or interested parties if necessary;
- develop/further optimise our services;
- provide you with customised information (direct marketing).
She Matters keeps IP addresses of clients or prospective clients who visit the website. These data enable us to:
- record which internet site/internet pages you visit;
- improve the functionality and contents of the website;
- keep track of the subjects or applications in which prospective clients are interested;
- ensure that you do not constantly receive the same information;
- improve the range of content.
Explanation of the placement of cookies
- Provision of personal data to third parties
She Matters does not provide any personal data to persons or businesses outside the She Matters organisation, unless:
- this is required by a statutory provision;
- this is necessary to perform a contract that She Matters has concluded with you;
- you have given permission to do so.
- Obligations/secured access/confidentiality/retention period
- She Matters processes your personal data only in accordance with the law. This means, among other things, that the data are processed only for the purpose for which they are obtained and in a proper/careful manner in accordance with the law and these Regulations.
- Your personal data can be inspected only by the staff of She Matters, unless stipulated otherwise in these Regulations. All your personal data are protected by She Matters against unauthorised access. The protection consists of:
- having a personal password for each employee to log in to the digital system;
- the staff of She Matters have a duty of confidentiality with respect to all personal data provided to She Matters;
- your personal data are not kept longer than necessary for proper administration. She Matters uses a period of two years from the last purchase/order/invoice, after which the data are destroyed. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If this is the case, She Matters will adhere to the prescribed statutory retention period.
- Your rights as a person concerned
- right to information: the right to know which personal data of yours are processed and for what purpose;
- right of inspection: the right to inspect and obtain copies of those data as long as this does not violate someone else’s privacy;
- the right to correct, add to or delete data should this be necessary (right of correction and deletion). The right to request total or partial deletion of your data can be honoured only if the retention of the data is not of considerable importance to someone else and the data do not have to be retained pursuant to a statutory provision;
- the right of opposition: the right to oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you want to exercise your rights, you can state this by sending an email to email@example.com. If your request is rejected, the reason why will be explained to you. A reason can be that your file contains information that is or can be important for others. You will receive notice from She Matters within one month from receipt of your request.
If you have a complaint about how your personal data are processed, you can also contact She Matters and She Matters will attempt to reach a solution together with you.
Do you have (other) comments/questions/suggestions or do you want to object to direct marketing by She Matters? You can also contact us in writing for this.
She Matters will of course also deal confidentially and carefully with personal data provided in this context.
Our current contact details can be found on the She Matters website.
Privacy Regulations of She Matters Version March 2018
Stichting She Matters
Fluwelen Burgwal 58, 2511 CJ Den Haag
+31 (0)6 191 73 293