This vacancy is now closed. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other opportunities!
Get in touch with our teams and we will help you land your next role. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you to find out more about your preferences.
Office Manager & Executive Assistant
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Full-Time | Office
At Patagonia we are in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this reason for being by supporting the General Manager (GM), EMEA, and the EMEA Leadership team with their administrative and planning needs. You will also be responsible for the Amsterdam office management and administration (plus regional office support as required).
You will be the main contact for ensuring all office logistics run smoothly. This includes responsibility for managing the vendors providing services to the office, as well as implementing office health and safety standards, in compliance with local laws. You will also support HR and Finance on planning for any office building or restructure projects. As an Executive Assistant (EA), you will provide EA support to the GM EMEA and administrative coordination and planning to the wider EMEA Leadership team members, as needed.
Office Management (50%)
- Manage all administration and logistics for the Amsterdam office, to ensure an organised, clean and safe working environment for all
- Arrange desk and seating plans, in partnership with the HR Manager and HR team
- Manage and develop the Office Coordinator / Receptionist
- Be the point of contact for the landlord, partnering with them on any facilities and infrastructure needs
- Implement local health and safety procedures, including communicating the evacuation plan to colleagues
- Be responsible for the security of the office and be the security company point of contact
- Partner with the HR team and Finance team on any office improvements and project management, build or design needs
- Deliver and monitor local office environmental initiatives and data, in conjunction with the Environmental team
- Partner with stakeholders in the Environmental team, Leadership Team and Footprint Committee to reach carbon neutrality for the office
- Manage caterers, yoga teachers, and any other clients / vendors relating to the Amsterdam office.
- Administrate local insurances and be the point of contact with insurance providers, brokers and local authorities on topics related to general office administration
- Assist with official correspondence for the office
- Manage general communications to the Amsterdam-based team, in collaboration with the HR team.
- Organize internal events such as office outings, sports activities, wellbeing initiatives, after-work drinks and other activities, in collaboration with the HR team
- Act as a bridge between the Amsterdam office and regional offices
Executive Assistant Support (50%):
- Provide administrative support primarily to the General Manager (GM) EMEA, plus, as required, administrative coordination support to the EMEA Leadership team
- Make travel arrangements, including, but not limited to, booking travel and hotels, handling all paperwork related to passports and business visas as needed
- Support legal representative(s) in handling confidential documents and obtaining contract approvals and signatures
- Support the GM EMEA with their calendar and email inbox management, as requested
- Manage and process business expenses for the GM EMEA
- Assist with the organisation of external events (attendance to conferences and other events may be required)
- Execute a broad range of administrative and clerical duties, such as document filing and data entry
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be / have:
- Education in business administration or another relevant field
- 2-5 years of work experience as an Office Manager, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Team Assistant, Events Coordinator, or another relevant job in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office
- Fluency in Dutch and English is a must, any other languages are a plus
- Strong affinity with Patagonia’s reason for being
- Understanding of carbon footprint and reduction policies and schemes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, proactive, and efficiency-driven
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced multicultural environment
- Experience in project management / people management is a plus
Patagonia is committed to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of Patagonia’s business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and Patagonia values a welcoming environment where each member of its EMEA team feels included, respected, and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
Patagonia strives to have inclusive representation within the organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to its culture. Patagonia actively seeks applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As Patagonia is in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Send us your CV at email@example.com.