Technical Support Engineer
Haarlem, the Netherlands
Hybrid working options | Travelling (internationally)
Are you a Technical Support Engineer with a passion for both technology and sports? At MYLAPS Headquarters in Haarlem (close distance to Amsterdam), you can put your passion into action! Read on to find out more about this job opportunity.
As a Technical Support Engineer, your main focus will be supporting MYLAPS’ customers (events, timers, athletes) worldwide with a focus on active sports such as Running, Cycling and Triathlons. Every day you are making MYLAPS’ customers happy by helping them solve their issues, training them in new products and helping them prepare for a successful sports event. You are constantly in touch with a wide variety of customers – over the phone, Teamviewer, or processing tickets from Salesforce. The Tech Support team consists of 7 people based in the Netherlands and 2 working in the USA and Malaysia. Everyone has their expertise in certain sports, technologies and languages. You will be working both from MYLAPS’ Haarlem main office as well as onsite during sports events.
- Provide technical support to MYLAPS’ customer base all over the world;
- Prepare and train customers in MYLAPS’ hardware, software, apps and online services portfolio;
- Communicate with other departments (sales, R&D, foreign offices) about how to offer the best service for MYLAPS’ customers;
- Once every 6 weeks, you will run a 24/7 phone shift assisting customers worldwide in timing their events.
YOUR PROFILE (DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE)
- Higher vocational working and thinking level;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities (international and technology);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluent in English and Dutch (more languages are a big +!);
- Team player with a can-do and hands-on mentality;
- Willing to work flexible work hours;
- Willing to travel (internationally);
- You live in the Netherlands.
- Working with the worldwide market leader in sports timing;
- A good benefits package with a competitive salary;
- Compensation for health insurance;
- The opportunity to work within a dynamic, international company with an open and informal work atmosphere;
- Daily healthy lunch is fully catered;
- Hybrid working options.
MYLAPS develops, manufactures and delivers worldwide the industry’s favourite timing systems. With its sport timing solutions, MYLAPS supports athletes, racers and events in creating their ultimate sports experience. Every year, MYLAPS captures the performance of over 20 million people all over the world. And turn their data into insights, progress and fun. MYLAPS offers them a better understanding of their performance and helps them with their best next steps. Founded in 1982, MYLAPS has revolutionised the world of sports timing with groundbreaking innovations and set the standard ever since. Its products and platforms are used for sports events, from professional events (24 Hours of Le Mans, Boston Marathon, Giro d’Italia, IRONMAN Triathlon, NASCAR, Olympics and many more) to countless amateur level events around the corner.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Technical Support Engineer, Haarlem.’ The deadline for application is on 6 December 2021.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a response that includes the next steps, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other job opportunities! We’ll retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. You can ask us to remove your CV from our database if you so choose.