Senior Career Advisor
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
At least a part-time contract of 20h per week, up to full-time contract 40h per week | Domestic travelling
If you’re looking for a challenging and impactful position in an international environment, look no further!
Our client is seeking an experienced and qualified Senior Career Advisor to guide Afghan refugees in the Netherlands to work and assist them to prepare for, and integrate into, the workplace.
Under direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Senior Career Advisor is responsible for the monitoring planning and implementation as well as partner management of the project in the Netherlands. She will also facilitate regular reporting activities, both internal and to the donor, with collecting and compiling reports for the Programme Manager’s review. She is also expected to travel within the Netherlands.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing personal characteristics, skills and interests via individual interviews and/or group work;
- Controlling the quality of the job coaching and job placement support to Afghan refugees arriving in the Netherlands;
- Successfully guide our partners to guide at least 38 candidates to permanent employment (or starting an own enterprise) until the summer of 2022;
- Respond to candidates questions pertaining to career development, exploration and placement procedures;
- Preparing interviews and coaching candidates;
- Providing advice on CVs, applications and interview techniques;
- Modest translating of documents (Dutch – Dari – English) (and outsource larger texts);
- Supporting the mapping of potential opportunities according to candidates profiles;
- Working closely with other departments of our client to ensure the timely implementation of the project within the limitations of the project budget;
- Other tasks and duties that lead to job placement in the Netherlands.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Substantial professional experience (at least 5 years) in Job Matching and Job Coaching work;
- Experience of working with candidates with a distance to the labour market, preferably refugees;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in politicised and multi-cultural settings with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills,
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner, and to use innovative forms of communication;
- Fluent in Dari (or Farsi), preferably also Pashtu. Good command of English, preferably also the Dutch language;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically.
WHAT OUR CLIENT OFFERS
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- At least a part-time contract of 20h per week, up to full-time contract 40h per week;
- Training opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Senior Career Advisor, Amsterdam.’ The deadline for application is on 22 October 2021.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
This position is conditional on expected donor approval.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a response that includes the next steps, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates. Don’t worry, there are plenty of other job opportunities! We’ll retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. You can ask us to remove your CV from our database if you so choose.